Achieving Recognized Teacher Status (TTRT)
A. Relationship to the British Columbia Therapeutic Touch Network
The applicant for Recognized Teacher status:
2. Is a Recognized Practitioner for a minimum of two years.
3. Follows BCTTNS Curriculum Guidelines for teaching Krieger/Kunz Therapeutic Touch™️.
4. Submits a course outline and teaching strategies for each level taught.
5. Signs and follows the Teachers Code of Ethics.
6. Participates in Teachers ‘ Collective Group activities (where possible).
7. Submits the current application fee. Select the RT Application Fee option in the box below:
B. TT Education and Practice Requirements
The applicant for Recognized Teacher status provides documentation to demonstrate:
Has successfully completed TT Level 1, 2, and 3 (Dates, Instructor, Level).
Has completed a workshop(s) in teaching/instructional skills, curriculum planning, or adult education (Dates, Instructor, Level).
Has studied with at least two Recognized Teachers, in order to experience a variety of teaching styles and methods (Dates, Instructor, Level).
Following Level 3:
Has taken 5 higher-level TT workshops or courses e.g. Mentorship Invitational; Intermediate/Advanced Invitational; TT instructor workshops; TT conference. (Dates, Instructor, Level)
Has co-taught a minimum of 5 classes with a RT, gradually taking increased teaching responsibility. (Dates, RT, Level)
Provides a letter of recommendation from a supervising/mentoring Recognized Teacher.
Provides a written description about your areas of challenge and inner growth as you prepared to become a BCTTN Recognized Teacher. Develop a plan for further self growth in teaching (1 page).
C. Exceptional Cases:
The Education Committee may consider equivalent experience, education and practice in TT for an alternate Recognized TT Teacher process.
A teacher recognized by another Canadian or International TT network; Camp Indralaya, Orcas Island; Pumpkin Hollow; or Therapeutic Touch International Association, Inc. must provide proof of Recognized Teacher Status and a letter from the network/association indicating good standing in that organization.